Sloppy work won’t pass muster. Yes, we provide professional editing, but that’s for a framework of material that already has the basics of good grammar, sentence structure, and flow.
- Please include your suggested title and the total word count on the title page.
- Use MS Word, double spaced, with paragraphs indented (not tabbed).
- Use a 12-point font.
- The saved version needs to be a .doc or .docx file that has only your first and last name as the file name, for example: janedoe.docx (or .doc). If you’re submitting more than one manuscript for consideration, please label as janedoe2.docx (or .doc).
- Page margins should be set to 1″ on the top, bottom, and both sides.
- Please number the pages on the bottom right.
- Please do not use headers or footers (other than the page number as a footer).
No Need To Send To A Specific Editor
There’s no need to send to a specific editor, as we make the assignments. If you feel you must have a salutation, “Dear Selection Committee” is fine.
Specify The Genre
Please specify the genre most closely aligned to your work. If you think it’s multi-genre material, specify those genres.
We Do Not Accept Unfinished Fiction
We do not accept unfinished fiction. Initially, you will send us five double-spaced pages. If we accept the work, you’ll need to have the entire manuscript finished, no exceptions.
For nonfiction, please submit a chapter-by-chapter outline with a short paragraph defining what’s in each chapter, and the fully written first chapter. Upon acceptance, you’re expected to have a finished work.
Consideration For Children's Books
If you’re submitting material for consideration for children’s books, please don’t attach artwork unless you are a professional artist.
A Nice Cover Letter
A nice cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a good match for The Publishing Circle’s author list is appreciated, but not essential. We will at some point want to know more about you.
Write well. (It’s worth repeating.)